Rishabh and Dhaivat are komal, Madhyam is teevra and rest of the swars are shudha in the raga.
Time: Early morning (Sandhiprakash)
Varjit: no varjit swar
Aroha: Nị Re Ga Ḿa Pa, Ḿa Dha Ni Sȧ
Avaroha: Rė Ni Dha Pa Ḿa Ga Ḿa Re Ga Re Sa
Pakad: Nị Re Ga Ḿa Pa, Dha Pa Ḿa Ga, Ḿa Re Ga, Dha Ḿa Ga, Re Sa
Features of the raga:
- Raga Puriya Dhanashri is an independent raga. It belongs to Purvi thaat.
- Some experts believe that it is a mix of Dhanashri raga of Purvi thaat and Puriya raga.
- It is a Sandhiprakash raga and sung at dawn.
- The main swar alignments of this raga are - Ḿa Ga Ḿa Re Ga and Rė Ni Dha Pa.
- The nyasa swars of this raga are Gandhar, Pancham and Shadaj.