Komal Nishad and both the Gandhars: shudha and komal are present in the raga. Rest of the swars are shudha.
Jati: Audav- Audav
Time: 2nd prahar of night
Varjit: Rishabh and Dhaivat
Aroha: Ṇi Sa Ga Ma Pa Ni Sȧ
Avaroha: Sȧ Ni Pa Ma Ga Ma, Sa Ga Sa
Pakad: Ga Ma Pa Ni Sȧ Ni Pa Ma Ga Ma Pa Ga Sa
Features of the raga:
- Jog raga is similar to Tilang raga.
- ‘Sa Ga Sa’ swar alignmentin the raga, reminds one of raga Malkosh.
- Raga Jog differs from raga Tilang as we nyasa on Madhyam in this raga unlike raga Tilang.
- Raga Jog is also sung using both the Nishads, shudha Nishad is used in aroha and komal Nishad is used in avaroha,
- This is a modern raga and is not found in ancient scriptures.