Both Madhyams: shuddha and teevra are present in the raga. Rest of the swars are shudha.
Time: 1st prahar of night
Varjit: no varjit swar
Aroha: Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Ga Ma Dha Ni Sȧ
Avaroha: Sȧ Ni Dha Pa, Dha Ḿa Pa, Ga Ma Re Sa
Pakad: Ga Ma Dha Dha Pa
Features of the raga:
- Raga Hamir is an Uttaranga- Pradhan raga.
- It is sung in madhya or drut laya.
- Raga Hamir is a powerful raga of Veer rasa.
- Both the Madhyams are used in this raga, however teevra Madhyam is used more than shudha Madhyam.
- Pancham is alpatva in this raga and Nishad is used as kan swar.
- Taar Shadaj is used frequently in raga Hamir. Eg. Ga Ma Dha Ni Sȧ, Pa Dha Ḿa Pa Sȧ, Ḿa Pa Dha Ni Sȧ.