All the swars are shudha.
Jati: Audav - Audav
Time: Early morning
Varjit: Madhyam and Nishad
Aroha: Sa Re Ga Pa Dha Sȧ
Avaroha: Sȧ Dha Pa GaPaDhaPa Ga ReSa
Pakad: Sȧ Dha Pa Ga Pa Dha Pa Dha, Pa Ga Sa
Features of the raga:
- Raga Deshkaar is an Uttaranga - Pradhan raga.
- The renditions in this raga are full of Veer rasa and are sung with a lot of enthusiasm.
- While singing this raga one has to be very careful of the laya (speed) of singing. The raga is best rendered in Madhya (medium) or Drut (fast) laya.
- The nyasa swars of this raga are: Pancham, Dhaivat and Taar Shadaj.
- ‘GaPaDhaPaDha Sȧ DhaPa Dha’, this alignment of swars with nyasa on Dhaivat, defines the raga.
- ‘Pa DhaGa Pa’ aligment of swars is often repeated in all the renditions of this raga.
- In olden times, kan Nishad was used in the pakad, but it is no longer used.