Komal Rishabh and komal Dhaivat are present in the raga. Rest of the swars are shuddha.
Jati: Audav - Audav
Time: 3am - 6am
Varjit: Madhyam and Nishad
Aroha: Sa Re Ga Pa Dha Sȧ
Avaroha: Sȧ Dha Pa Ga Pa Dha Ga Re Sa
Pakad: Ga Pa Dha Pa Ga Re Sa , Dha Pa Ga Pa Ga Re Sa
Features of the raga:
- This is a serious and soothing raga. The best time to sing this raga is early morning.
- Gandhar and Pancham are continuously played together. This creates a very melodious sound.
- In the evening we sing Reva raga which originates from Purvi Thaat. The swars of Reva raga are very similar to Bibhas raga. However Bibhas raga is an Uttaranga-Pradhan raga and Reva is Purvanga-Pradhan raga. We can say these two ragas are complimentary ragas or Samprakritik ragas.
- There are two other types of Bibhas raga. First one originates from Purvi Thaat and the second one from Marwa Thaat.
- The nyasa swars of this raga are Pancham, Dhaivat and Taar Shadaj. When we move from Komal Dhaivat to Pancham, it is very melodious and soothing to the ear.