All swars are shudha.
Jati: Audav - Audav
Time: 1st prahar of night
Varjit: Madhyam and Nishad
Aroha: Sa Re Ga Pa Dha Sȧ
Avaroha: Sȧ Dha Pa Ga Re Sa
Pakad: Sa Dhạ Sa , Sa Re Ga , Pa Dha Pa Ga , Re Sa
Features of the raga:
1. It is also known as Raga Bhup. It is one of the first ragas that a student learns.
2. It is a Purvanga- Pradhan raga.
3. It is usually played in Mandra and Madhya saptak.
4. In aroha, the nyasa is on Rishabh and not on Dhaivat.
5. It is a serious raga. The recurring alignment of swars in the raga is ‘Re Ga Re Pa Ga, Pa Re Ga’.
1. Sa Re Ga Re Ga SaRe Sa Dhạ Sa
2. Ga Re Sa Ga PaGa GaPaDha Pa Ga Re Sa DhạPạ Dhạ Sa
3. Pạ Dhạ SaReGa DhạSaReGa Ga Re GaPaDha PaGa ReGa Re Sa
4. GaPaDhaSȧ SȧDha PaDhaSȧRė Sȧ Gȧ RėSȧ Dha PaGa
5. DhaPaGa GaPaDha GaDhaPaGa ReGa Re Re Sa