Gandhar and Nishad are komal in the raga. Rest of the swars are shudha.
Jati: Audav - Sampoorna
Time: 3rd prahar of the day
Varjit: Rishabh and Pancham are varjit from the aroha
Aroha: Ṇi Sa Ga Ma Dha Ni Sȧ
Avaroha: Sȧ Ni Dha, Ma Pa Dha Ma Ga Re Sa
Pakad: Sa Ga Ma Dha, Ma Pa Dha Ma Ga Re Sa
Features of the raga:
- Rishabh is varjit in this raga. However it is sometimes used in the aroha.We go upto Madhyam and come back like: Ma Ga ss Re Ga ss Ma Re Sa.
- Madhyam is varjit in the aroha.
- In the avaroha, there is a vakra(twist) in Madhyam swar and Pancham swar is used many times with other swars.
- Though Pancham is not the vadi or samvadi swar, it is an important part of the raga and multiple use of Pancham together with Madhyam characterizes the raga.
- The alignment of swars: Sa Ma, Dha Ma is sung in a characteristic way in this raga.